This is my focus with clients. Even before we start to speak about the challenges, we begin by creating an asset-driven platform. We are often too busy with day-to-day actions to look at the company’s vision and success stories. 90% of the public relations or fundraising process is planning! Time to meet the challenges of the marketplace bolstered by a strong platform with a global vision and a sense of what you bring to the table. Without fail, clients find past achievements and accolades buried in the files. This is a team-building effort!
Creating this portfolio bolsters your public relations and fundraising efforts.
- Long-range plan statement
- Vision and Mission Statements
- Backgrounders on history, services, and impact on community
- Brief program descriptions
- Mini-bios on board members, advisory committee, and key staff
- Annual report.
- Multi-year financial statement.
- Endorsement letters from clients and community leaders
- Case studies
- Defined wish list
- Relevant news articles
- Certificates of training, achievement, and recognition
- Public Relations materials
- Engagement in community and skill-building activities etc.
- Event information and leadership appearances
- Add your own Ideas!
Recommended reading: Everyone A Changemaker by David Brooks, Columnist
February 9, 2019 The New York Times